“He is all smiles, and that’s what counts!”

9th December 2021 0

At Richardson Care, we conduct a formal survey every year asking the families of service users in our care for their feedback. As the last couple of years have put the care sector under enormous pressure, and we’re very pleased to report that the feedback from families has been better than ever.

We encourage an open dialogue with the family members and friends of service users in our care, and try to support them as much as possible. As many family members have not been able to visit as often this year, the surveys give them an opportunity to tell us their views. In addition to this, the annual surveys help to identify any trends, potential issues or areas of improvement.

The surveys are optional, so we can receive a relatively small number of responses. They can also be anonymous, but we do take each response very seriously and are grateful to the people who take the time to provide their feedback.

Here are some of the comments that we’ve received this year:

“Our nephew has spent over 20 years in your care. Quite simply, they have been the best years of his life! We don’t know where he would have been without your care and support.”

“This is the first place I feel at ease and that my daughter receives all that she needs, and that her needs are met.”

“The staff have all the service users’ welfare and happiness at heart.”

“I get sent pictures of my brother doing activities, which are lovely. Also, if I have any concerns regarding him, I am informed. Also, I was updated by letters regarding Covid and what the home were doing.”

“He is treated like an adult with great respect and care.”

In the questionnaires, we ask all families whether they strongly agree, agree, don’t know or disagree with the following statements:

1. I am happy with the care provided for my relative
2. The home has a warm, non-institutional feeling
3. The home provides an inclusive or family environment
4. Staff are friendly and approachable
5. I am regularly updated with information
6. I feel that my relative is treated with dignity and respect
7. I feel that their quality of life has improved since they arrived at Richardson Care
8. I feel that my relative takes part in meaningful and/or enjoyable activities
9. Would you recommend Richardson Care? (Yes/No)

We are pleased that:
For the sixth year running, 100% of respondents said that they would recommend Richardson Care.

Also for the sixth year running, 100% of respondents said that they strongly agreed or agreed with the statement: “I am happy with the care provided for my relative.”

79% strongly agreed with the statement: “Staff are friendly and approachable” and the remaining 21% agreed with that statement.

100% strongly agreed or agreed with the statement “I feel that my relative is treated with dignity and respect”

And 89% felt that their loved one’s quality of life had improved since they arrived at Richardson Care.

All of the 2021 families’ questionnaire results are shown in the graph above. We would like to thank all of the family members who took time to complete the questionnaires.


Footer Logos

Headway – Approved Care Provider

Richardson Care, The Richardson Mews, Kingsland Gardens, Northampton NN2 7PW

T: 01604 791266.
E: welcome@richardsoncares.co.uk.

Policies | Resources

© Richardson Care Holdings Limited, registered in England & Wales: 12432902 | Registered office: Peterbridge House, 3 The Lakes, Northampton NN4 7HB