After the most challenging year that many of us can remember, we look forward to 2021 with hope. We will be ready to offer our service users the Covid-19 vaccine as soon as it’s available to them. In the meantime, Christmas preparations are well underway.
Christmas in our care homes is usually a lively time with much excitement. This year is no exception. We have adapted to staying at home and finding ways to keep our service users active, engaged, safe and happy. They are supported to take decisions on what happens within the home, and we have a wide range of festive activities going on, including:
- The summerhouse at 8 Kingsthorpe Grove has been converted into a beautiful grotto ready for Santa to visit
- The team at The Richardson Mews had a fun, Australian-themed Christmas barbecue with a visit from ‘Kenny the Kangaroo’ to distribute presents!
- Saturday nights in December are Christmas movie nights at 144 Boughton Green Road
- Christmas karaoke is always popular at 23 Duston Road
- There’s also mince pie making, cookie decorating, making cards, decorations and Christmas wreaths, carol singing, Christmas bingo and much more…
We would like to thank the staff teams in each home, who have come together and supported each other to ensure that we provide the best possible care for our service users. It’s been incredibly tough and we’re very proud them.
With best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,
Laura & Greg Richardson-Cheater