What makes us different?
- We appreciate that everyone who has a brain injury or learning disabilities is unique and has different and complex needs. Therefore, it’s a combination of factors that enable us to support service users to the best of our ability.
- Our homes provide a unique homely environment, which is thoughtfully designed to provide a safe, practical and welcoming space. Service users feel part of a new family, with a social network and a home in which they are given the time, space and support to attain happiness.
- We empower our staff to develop and thrive. An extensive in-house training programme, effective supervision and open-door practice mean that staff feel skilled, supported, involved and motivated to deliver outstanding care.
- Our Multidisciplinary team (MDT) of neuro specialists develop individual care plans for each service user and review them on a regular basis. This high-calibre, experienced team work together to enable us to immediately and efficiently meet all the complex needs of the individuals we support.
- Social inclusion and community participation are a big part of what we do, improving well-being and mental health. We provide supported home visits as part of an individual’s care plan as well as social activities and holidays.
- We support the families and loved-ones of the people in our care. We’re skilled and experienced in managing the transition from a school to an adult environment for young people with learning disabilities, and in helping families cope with the shock and grief that a severe brain injury can cause.
- We’re independent, family-owned and run, so we can take a long-term view without pressure from shareholders to make short-term gains. We deliver high-quality care at a fair price.
- We strive to innovate, frequently evaluating the best treatment and intervention plans and thinking outside the box to deliver the right type of therapy to meet the individuals’ needs.